Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Finding muliple duplicate records in spreadsheet

When you tried advanced filter; what is going wrong..

DataFilterAdvanced FilterSelect Copy to another location..Select the list
range, Mention 'copy to' as (say cell G1). Check "Unique Records only'..OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"ShagNasty" wrote:

Advanced filter isn't the answer (I think)
Duplicate Row issue
5 Columns -- ECode, JCode, ECode, PPHrs, PPDate.
I will sometimes have several entries (updates) to the ECode, PPDate, and
PPHrs for some records. I need to compare the five columns for duplicates
and post the records with the greatest hours for the ECode, ECode, and PPDate
ECode JCode ECode PPHrs PPDate
54511 003690 027 1 01/09/09
54511 003690 027 3.5 01/09/09
54511 003690 027 11 01/09/09
54511 003690 027 16 01/23/09
54511 003690 027 8 02/20/09
54511 003690 027 8 02/20/09
54511 003690 027 12 02/20/09
54511 003690 027 16 03/06/09
54511 003690 027 8 03/20/09
54511 003690 027 16 03/20/09
54511 003690 027 40 03/20/09
54511 003690 027 5 04/03/09
54511 003690 027 5 05/01/09
54511 003690 032 8 03/20/09
54511 003690 837 24 02/06/09
I need to keep the highlighted rows and delete the other rows €“ or copy them
to another worksheet. The spreadsheet has about 16000 rows and 12 columns,
but these are the columns I need to work with..
Thanks in advance.. (PC, xcel 03)
ShagNasty€¦