Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Calculation changing from Automatic to Manual

As was mentioned, you can have a workbook_open event to set it.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Erin" wrote in message
This fixed it. I was opening the file directly from the source and the
calculation was set to manual. When I opened Excel first and then opened
the
file, the calculation was set to automatic. Thanks!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Calculation is set by the mode in the FIRST file to open.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Erin" wrote in message
The calculation option in Excel 2003 keeps switching to Manual. I
choose
Automatic and when I reopen Excel, it's back to Manual again. Haven't
had
this problem before -- how to do I make it stay at Automatic?