Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ice Bear Ice Bear is offline

Default Search row of numbers, find highest value.

Brilliant! Thanks - there are just so many functions, I never thought to look
there.

Wondering, then, how I can get the 'chosen' number back in the spreadsheet
to display in bold or red, or such...even with parenthese around it

1 2 3 4 Total

A 5 6 7 (8) 26
B 1 2 3 4 10

Solution for that one, Mike? Thank you again.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Put this in a cell for the highest and drag right for the second highest etc

=LARGE($A$1:$D$1,COLUMN(A1))

Mike

"Ice Bear" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet like this:

1 2 3 4 Total

A 5 6 7 8 26
B 1 2 3 4 10

I am trying to find a function that will search the row (let's say Row 'A')
and return the highest value (8)...and then the 2nd highest value (7). Row
B's results are '4', and '3', of course.

Can someone please help me find the function I should use for this? Thank
you in advance.