Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Add cells between blank cells

Enter in J2 and fill down...
=IF(ISBLANK(I2),SUM($I$2:I2)-SUM($J$1:OFFSET($J$1,ROW()-2,0)),"")
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Jambruins"
wrote in message
I have numbers in cells I2:I20, cell I21 is blank and then more numbers in
cells I22:I30 and I31 is blank. This will repeat down the sheet. I would
like a formula in column J to sum all the numbers in between the blank cells.
In cell J20 I would like it to sum cells I2:I20, in cell J30 sum cells
I22:I30, etc. I know I can go to those cells and enter the sum equation but
is there something I can copy down the sheet? Let me know if you don't
understand and I will try to rephrase the question. Thanks.