Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
UB UB is offline

Default VBA code to count rows

Hi Marcelo

I don't know much about Pivot tables. But I can write VBA code, if I get
some hint how the syntax should be
Thanks

"Marcelo" wrote:

have you tried a Pivot table ?
--
pleae click yes if it was helpfull
regards from Brazil

"ub" escreveu:

Hi
My sheets has 9000 rows and the data is structured as

Column A Coulmn B _____Column C to H
SAM USER1
SAM USER1
SAM USER1
SAM USER2
SAM USER3
PAM USER2
PAM USER2
PAM USER3
PAM USER3
I want to look at Column A, and for each name in coulmn A, I want to count
how many times different users called in for service. The result in the above
example should be
SAM User1 User2 User3
5 3 1 1
The challange is the names in Column A and Coulmn B are always variable- no
fixed number of users and no fix number of the representatives
Can someone please advise syntax of the code