Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Dave is offline

Default How to sum hours, mins, secs (00:00:00)?

Hi, This doesnt seem to work. There seems to be a problem with the formatting
of the cells that I am trying to sum. They display the duration as 0:00:10 if
I click into them indivdually they change to 00:00:00 and excel is able to
sum them however, this is not a solution as there are over a thousand.

I have tried formatiing the entire column but this does not work. There is
nothing to say that this is an error with the formatting of the cell and to
convert it.

What is the solution to this?

Thanks

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Dave , do the normal sum itself; but format the total cell to [h]:mm:ss

Right clickFormat CellsCustom

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Dave" wrote:

Hi, does anyone know how this is possible?

Thanks