Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scott A[_2_] Scott A[_2_] is offline

Default CountIF and Sum in one formula?

I have another part that I totally forgot about. I have a second formula that
is needed and it includes another variable. I need it to narrow the sum total
to only projects of a certain type of contract by the same person.

example:

A B C
Prsn Type Contracts
1 JG MP $8000.00
2 JG DV $1200.00
3 JG MP $10000.00
4 SA MP $6000.00
5 SA DV $4500.00

I need it to calculate the total contract amount for JG and only the MP
types of contracts. Is that possible without using a pivot table?

"John" wrote:

Correction
=SUMIF(A2:A5,"JG",B2:B5)

"John" wrote in message
Hi Scott
Try this =SUMIF(A2:5,"JG",B2:B5)
HTH
John
"Scott A" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to sun up all of the costs in one column if it was done by a
specific person.

Example:

A B
Prsn Contracts
1 JG $8000.00
2 JG $1200.00
3 SA $10000.00
4 TS $6000.00
5 TS $4500.00

What I am looking for is a formula that will tell me how much is the total
value of all of the contracts sold by JG.

Can anyone help?