Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to prevent each item date from changing after "TODAY" formula

Instead of using the formula =today() (or =now()), you could just put the date
(and time) into that cell:

ctrl-; (control-semicolon)
will enter the date

ctrl-: (control-colon)
will enter the time

ctrl-;(space character)ctrl-:
will enter a date and time

Another alternative would be to use an event macro that looks for a change in a
certain range and then updates another cell with the date/time.

Take a look at JE McGimpsey's site:

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

Marvin wrote:

I wanted to have the date and time automatically appear whenever I entered an
item in my spreadsheet. However, each time I entered a new item, all the
dates and times of the previous items changed as well.

I want to enter items on different days, but I want to track the previous
dates and times of items entered days before. What is happening is that the
next day all the dates and times change. Is there a way to prevent this from
happening?

Marvin

--

Dave Peterson