Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How do I find a worksheet tab in a spreadsheet with multiple tabs?

Right click sheet tabview codecopy/paste these two macros there.
Fire the 1st one whenever you add or delete a sheet
Double click on the sheet name in the cell to goto that sheet

Sub makelistofsheets()
For i = 1 To Sheets.Count
MsgBox Sheets(i).Name
ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 1) = Sheets(i).Name
Next i
End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick _
(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Sheets(CStr(Target)).Select

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Mickey Mouse Tiger" wrote in
message ...
I have a spreadsheet that contains a worksheet for each employee we have.
There are approximately 111 employees. I have named each tab by the
employee
last name. I have arranged the worksheets/tabs in alphabetical order.
When
I need to find a certain employees tab, I currently have to scan over each
tab to find the employee that I need. I've looked at the "go to" feature
but
it does not allow me to name the tab to go to. I also can't locate it by
using the "find" feature. Is there any way that I can type the employee
last
name so that it will automatically take me to that tab? The way I am
doing
it takes me forever.