Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to set scale of y axis for time

Glad to hear that it works.
--
David Biddulph

"Meenie" wrote in message
Oops I apologize David, it does work. In the numbers they'd put in the
graph,
they were reporting minutes like hours and seconds like minutes. I was
comparing apples to oranges...
and otherwise I wasn't entering the major and minor units correctly -
that's
why I wasn't getting any number on the scale except the 0.
I got it now :) thanks!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Simply type in the times in time format, such as 0:10:00 instead of
0.00694444
Excel will change the values to General format, but accepts inputs as
times.
I think I heard that Excel 2007 would not accept time inputs in this way.
--
David Biddulph

Meenie wrote:
I have Excel 2003 and am having trouble with the y axis scale for
minutes. the times I'm showing in my clustered column chart range
from 30 seconds to 6 minutes and 34 seconds.
I copied a scale from another chart and had to fiddle with it a bit
to get it to show the right scale.
The scale I copied was:
Minumum: 0
Max: 0.166666
Major Unit: 0.02083333
Minor Unit: 0.00694444

I had to change it (by some major trial and error) to:
Min: 0
Max: 0.2866666
Major Unit: 0.0308333
Minor Unit: 0.00694444

Can you tell me how to figure this out so I can set it the way I want
next time?
thanks Meenie