Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Sheet Referencing - autofilling sheet names

Say your sheet name list starts in A2:
01
02
03
etc...

And you want to return the contents of D1 from each sheet.

Enter this in B2, and copy down:

=INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!D1")

*NOTE* - Your list in Column A should be TEXT,
*NOT* numbers formatted to display the leading zero!
--

HTH,

RD

"Pat" wrote in message
Is there a way to easily reference sheet names.

Here is my problem:

i have several sheets named 01,02,03,04... and so on,
I have a summary sheet that i would like to reference all the individual
sheets.
I start at the top and refernce sheet 01, then i would like to drag down so
that the next row is referencing sheet 02 and so on. This does not happen
when i drag the cell down.

Is there any way to achieve this. I tried typing out the cell names in
another column and referencing that cell inside the ' ', but that didn't
seem
to work.

Thanks,

Pat