Peo Sjoblom

It's gone, I wouldn't use transtion formula entry since a date entry with
slashes will
use division like 4/11/2005 will equal 4 divided by 11 divided by 2005 which
will return a small number thus formatted as date wiill be 1/0/1900

I don't know why MS removed this functionality

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"cfraley" wrote:

The insert function in Excel 2003 is no longer an equals sign. I used to
have a number in a cell and just click the equals sign and hit the plus key
to add addtional numbers to the existing number in that cell. That is no
longer available. I went to tools/options and clicked "transistion formula
entry" which works except for the following: It does not save as a default
and it changes when I type a date in a cell, everything shows up as 1/0/1900.
Tried formatting the cells every which way & does not work. How can I add
numbers to the existing cell without clicking before the number hitting the
equals sign, then clicking after the number and hitting the plus sign. Why
did they change this?