Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott D Scott D is offline

Default Links no longer work

Guys,

I decided to run the repair utility for office and now everything works
again. go figure. thanks for your help.

"Scott D" wrote in message
Gord,

I did it both ways, with the full path and without and in both instances,
it just starts excel. I'm pasting my full path to make sure I entered it
correct.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" /unregserver
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" /regserver

Neither of the commands I gave you should open an instance of Excel.

You should get the installer pop up and "Preparing to install"

Wait a few minutes until it finishes.

Are you entering the full path with quotes as written?

Gord

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:25:32 -0500, "Scott D" wrote:

The first way I did it was just as you wrote...after the first command
executed and opened a fresh instance of excel, I immedately ran the
second
comand which opened another fresh instance of excel. I closed both and
checked my files...no fix.