Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wavers3 wavers3 is offline

Default Sorting numbers

Jim,

Thanks, that did what I needed it to do. Appreciate the help, from every one.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Probably the easiest will be to convert the numbers to text and then sort
that column.

In an adjacent column add the formula
=text(A1, "#")
and copy down

This creates a list of your numbers but stored as text. Sort this column. If
/ When asked how you would like it sorted select Numbers and text Seperately.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"wavers3" wrote:

I am trying to sort numbers from the left. Example would be that ALL the 1's
are at the top, the the 2's and so on ending with the 9's. No matter how long
the length is.
It is not sort smallest to largest or largest to smallest. It would look
something like this:
1
12
123