Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Cell locking based on domain user

Hi Wolter

This can only be done using VBA.
What code have you written to achieve this?

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Wolter" wrote in message
Hi All,

I try to create a sheet where diferent users from our domain can edit data
only in their own cells. See example below:
A B C D
1 Paul Bill Steve
2 Steve editable
3 Bill editable
4 Paul editable

Goal: When domain user Steve opens the sheet he is only capable to edit
cell
D2. If user Bill or Paul open the sheet they can edit only cell C3 (Bill)
or
B4 (Paul).

I used online help topic "Allow specific users to edit ranges in a
protected
worksheet" from Excel 2007 but it does not work. All three users can edit
eachothers cells.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance for helping me out here.

--
Best regards,

Wolter