Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default BLANK CELLS ARE NOT ACTUALLY BLANK

Hi,

Here is another variations:

1. Enter the following formula:
=IF(LEFT(A2)=" ","xxxx"&A2,IF(A2="","xxxx "))

2. Then copy, paste special values.
3. Press Ctrl+H and enter xxxx (space followed by xxxx)
4. Click Replace All.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Shilpi" wrote:

Hi!
I have a data which were having the leading spaces in them.I removed the
leading spaces using the following formula
=replace(A2,1,find(LEFT(TRIM(A2),2),A2)-1,"")
It worked and my leading spaces are removed....then i pasted it like a value.
Now the problem is that when i am doing F5Specialblanks then the blank
cells are not highlighting as a blank.
i want to actually delete the blank cells across the rows

Please help me

Thanks in Advance