Dominic

David,

Not sure if this is the best way, but you could use a column containing the
Lastname of the student for each line of the student's page. You could then
sort on this column. You could either hide the column for printing purposes
or use the PrintArea field to exclude it.

Hope that helps.

"David" wrote:

Using XL2000:

I have a single page spreadsheet (needed for SubTotal() to work), separated
into 65 sheets via Page Break Preview. The top cell of each page in Col A
contains the student's name (last name, first name). If I add a student,
how can I then sort the pages by the student's last name?

Acceptable alternative: Have each student on their own page with sheets
named Lastname Firstname, sort those, and still be able to Subtotal in
cells on those sheets, then Grand Total on a separate sheet.

--
David