Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default special formulas

Hi,

Here are two ways to do this both involve custom formats

Choose Format, Cells, Number tab, Custom and on the Type line enter either
General"''"
or
General\"

In the first case there are two single quotes between the pair of double
quotes, in the second case it ends with a single double-quote.

You can change General to any standard number format number format you want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Tacklemom" wrote:

Hi All,

what I am trying to do is attach the " sign to a cell. So when you enter in
a fraction eg (1/4) which I have already formatted for you attach the " sign
with it. Any suggestion?

Thanks
--
Donna