Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JCS JCS is offline

Default Multiple Functions of a Cell

Hi Drew,

Instead of using the IF function try a combination of the IF and Vlookup
functions. First, somewhere in your spreadsheet create a list of states and
then in the column next to the states type in the tax rates. Then in the
cell where you want the results, type
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,F2:G5,2)),0,VLOOKUP(A2,F2:G5,2 )) In the vlookup F2:F6
(in this example) is thel ist of states and tax rates.
Please press Yes if this helps.

Regards,
John

"Drew" wrote:

I'm trying to use this spread sheet for purchasing fuel and to subtract the
fuel tax from the pump price when I purchase fuel so if I type in cell B2 IL
I want $0.43 to show up in Cell C2 but... If I type IN in cell B2 I want
$0.16 to show up in Cell C2 and so on for all the States I buy fuel in
=IF(C2="IL",0.43,0) if I type this in Cell C2 that is good for IL but I can't
seem to do a multiple =IF in the same Cell