Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] krcowen@aol.com is offline

Default Lookup function

So you are looking up ABECY in this range, and you want Router not
Switch? What is the rule that detemines Router and not Switch?

On Jun 2, 1:11*pm, Michael wrote:
*This is my equation, and am only returning the first reponse, I need to
return the reponse that is the closest match..

So if I have

A * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *B
ABECY * * * * * * * * * Switch
ABECY * * * * * * * * * Router

I need router, but the list of possible reponses is not constant.

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B2,'[HSIA Equipment Inventory With
GP.xls]A-L'!$A$1:$K$38339,5,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(B2,'[HSIA Equipment Inventory
With GP.xls]A-L'!$A$1:$K$38339,5,FALSE))

Michael

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B2,Array,5,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(B2, Array,5,FALSE))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Michael" wrote:

This may have already been covered but I cannot find it...

What I need is this,

Simple Vlookup, but I need to return a value if it matches a text filter

Each lookup value will return several results, but I only want a return if
it matches..

So, if I were to write it how I think it should work..

=VLOOKUP(B2,Array,5,True if Match(text))- Hide quoted text -