Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sf sf is offline

Default Updating Information in all worksheet.

Thank you! I did have the format on text, As soon as I switched it,
everything work out.

Question: If I happen to insert a new row in the mastersheet that shifts
everything up, will I have to change the formulas again.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You have two problems. One is hard, the other is easy. The easy one first.
If you type a formula in a cell and the formula appears in both the formula
bar and the cell itself, then either the cell has been formatted to Text (fix
by formatting the cell to General and re-entering the formula) or Excel is
displaying formulas instead of results (fix by touching CNTRL-`)

The second problem is that any linking formula only carries the content and
not the format of the source. You need to format the destination cell
separately.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200855

"SF" wrote:

I running into a few problems.

1. When I type in the linking formula and press enter, the formula remains
in the cell.
2. When it does work, it is not formatting the information the way I have it
in the masterlist. If I have the information on two lines, it combines it
into one line. If I try to edit it, the formula remains in the cell.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use linking formulas:

=Mastersheet!M34

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200855

"SF" wrote:

I have information that repeats itself on multiple sheets and when I have to
update the information, I have to go through each sheet to fix the same thing.
I want to know is there a way to automatically update similar information in
multiple worksheets just by changing the information on the Mastersheet.