Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Excel

Hi,

I'm not clear on this question but:

1. You could insert a new column A and enter the formula
=ROW()
in A1 and copy it down. Or a fancier version which is based on content in
your first column would be
=IF(B1,ROW(),"")

2. Or in 2007 the command for row and headings is Page Layout, Print
Titles, and check the row and column headings box. The downside of this is
that you will get BOTH row and column headings and it sounds like you don't
need both.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"jmandbb" wrote:

After creating a list I would like to include the left number column in my
printed page. This will help when I insert new items to my list and the
numbers automatically ascend when I print it again.