Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Cell Protection?

Hi,
To do that select the cell you want to allow the users to modify, right
click in the mouse, format cells, last tab is protection, uncheck Locked and
then protect the worksheet, in this way the user will only be able to do
things in the range unlocked

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"Ken" wrote:

Excel2003 ...

Range H14:DC120 contains Formulas I wish to Protect.
Cells in Range are "Locked" ... WorkSheet is Protected.

Issue ... During Protection if I allow Users to Format Cells it impacts
entire WorkSheet. I wish to Protect WS, but allow Cell Patterns (this Range
only) to be updated by User ...

Can I do this? If so? How? ... Thanks ... Kha