carrera

Default Recording a marcro

Hi This is just a really simple one, to unprotect a worksheet. Having a
problem.

I'm going into Macros - Record - I select to save to Personal - choose as a
shortcut ctrl u (for unprotect) - THEN - I go through the process of
unprotecting the sheet, (even then click on a cell, just to add a final step)
Then I go into Stop Recording.

Well, when I click on the next sheet and hit ctrl u - I get the unprotect
sheet window, that's as far as it goes. What am I doing wrong? (I go back in
after this failure and delte the macro from Personal - to clear it out)
ALSO - A SECOND QUESTION: When I save a macro to the Personal book, does
that mean that the shortcut chosen will work with any workbook I open?