Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KittyLover KittyLover is offline

Default change color if text is = or not, to text in other column

You rock! This worked like a charm! Thank you!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this...

Assume you're answers are in the range C2:C10.

Select the entire range of cells C2:C10.
Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a
formula to determine which cells to format
Enter this formula in the box below:
=C2=B2
Click the Format button
Select the Fill tab
Select a shade of GREEN
OKOK

Click New Rule

Use a formula to determine which cells to format
Enter this formula in the box below:
=AND(C2<"",C2<B2)
Click the Format button
Select the Fill tab
Select a shade of RED
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"KittyLover" wrote in message
2007

"T. Valko" wrote:

What version of Excel are you using?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"KittyLover" wrote in message
I am taking practice tests. ColB contains text (the correct answers).
ColC
contains text (my practice answers). I want the cells in ColC to turn
green
if my answer is correct (matches the text in ColB) and turn red if it
is
incorrect (does not match the text in ColB).
I can't figure out how to get it to apply Conditional Formating on the
columns. It wants me to apply it to only a single cell. I've also
tried
copying and pasting special just the formatting. It turns the cells in
ColC
green if they match cell B2 (not the corresponding answer that is in
the
same
row).
Please help! Thank you!