Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default With a Function, how can I get rid of formating codes like <div ?

As a follow up to Ron's posting, here is a non-Regular Expression UDF for
you to consider...

Function StripFormat(S As String) As String
Dim X As Long
Dim Parts() As String
Parts = Split(S, "<")
For X = 1 To UBound(Parts)
If Not Parts(X) Like "*" Then
StripFormat = Split(Parts(X), "")(1)
Exit For
End If
Next
End Function

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"AFSSkier" wrote in message
I have a refreshable spreadsheet with data imported from Access. When the
data imports, I get Access formatting codes like <div, &nbsp and font
codes
(see below). I doing want the end user to have to do a search & replace a
blank, even with a macro. It only happens with memo/comment fields coming
from Access.

INCLUDING MONTANA)</font</div <div </div

In an adjacent cell I want to use a function(s) to format the new cell to
look like this = PBA data. ;(ALL VERSIONS INCLUDING MONTANA)

--
Thanks, Kevin