Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Dates and IF Functions

Hi,
you can fix the 29/06/1900 from appearing with an if statement

if(A1="","",A1+60)

A1= cell where you enter the date

"Happysapper" wrote:

Hi, I'm compiling a competency register with a "date of test taken" in one
column, and the next column takes that vale and adds 6 months.

I have mastered the straightforward business of adding the 6 months; but
what i can't prevent is the answer of "29/06/1900" appearing in those cells
where i have yet to enter a value for the "date of test taken".

When i tried an IF function using the date formula as one of the "values if
true" the cells displayed the formula and not the answer.

Thanks

HS