Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Dates and IF Functions

What's your formula look like that adds 6 months?

Try it like this:

=IF(A1="","",your_formula_here)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Happysapper" wrote in message
Hi, I'm compiling a competency register with a "date of test taken" in one
column, and the next column takes that vale and adds 6 months.

I have mastered the straightforward business of adding the 6 months; but
what i can't prevent is the answer of "29/06/1900" appearing in those
cells
where i have yet to enter a value for the "date of test taken".

When i tried an IF function using the date formula as one of the "values
if
true" the cells displayed the formula and not the answer.

Thanks

HS