Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Make the Name Box wider?

Almost intuitive once you have seen the answer...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Fred Holmes" wrote:

Marvelous, many thanks for the solution.
Fred Holmes
-- So simple I should have been able to figure it out for myself! <g

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 08:00:02 -0700, Jim Thomlinson
wrote:

Check out this link at the verry bottom of the page under Miscellany...

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Names.html
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Fred Holmes" wrote:

In Excel 2000, is there any way to make the "Name Box" wider?

I use a lot of long range names for referencing in formulae, so that
the names are more self-explanatory than cryptic.

The "Name Box" is on the same line/toolbar and to the left of the
"Formula Bar" in the default user configuration. The mousepointer
icon used to adjust a vertical boundary doesn't seem to pop up when
the mouse pointer is brought over it.

Any optional trick to be able to read a long range name assigned to a
cell? Can I move the Name Box to somewhere else where there is more
room? The "regular" toolbar space is two lines high and has a whole
lot of empty space.

Thanks,

Fred Holmes