gavin

Default Data validation

I am using Data Validation to restrict entry into a cell to the items in a
list and I have two questions.

Firstly, can I adjust the width of the drop down box which appears when I
click on the arrow in the cell? The items in the list are only a few
characters and the box is much wider - I just want to "tidy" this up a bit.

Secondly is there a way of making the list drop down automatically when the
cell has the focus rather than having to click on the arrow - this would
just speed up the date entry as I have a number of columns with Data
Validation on the sheet?

Many thanks for any help with these,

Gavin