Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default Logical test of text?

"Dredgeboat" wrote:
In using the If function, I would like to test if a cell has text in it

Be sure to test proposed solutions with the following cases to be sure you
get the results you are looking for (je ne sais quoi):

1. An empty cell; no constant, no formula.

2. A cell with null text. Examples: =""; and =if(true,"")

3. A cell with one or blanks. Examples: =" "; and =if(true," ")

In using the If function, I would like to test if a cell has text in it,
not
specific text, just any text, such as a name (Tim Dyer). What do I use to
represent the text in the argument?