Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mojo Mojo is offline

Default 100% quandry

Hi All

This might be an age old problem, but I just wanted to see if I wasn't
missing something obvious in my code.

Basically I have say 31 people (this figure can range from 10 to 100) who
are put into 8 categories. Once they have been categorised I simply need to
show how many are in each category as a number and as a percentage. Now the
number aspect of display is easy, but I'm coming unstuck with the percetange
aspect.

In essence as I do my % calc for each category sometimes certain values are
1% less or more than they should be and as you add up the displayed figures
the total might come out at 99% or 101%, which looks daft.

An example of a display problem is as follows

1 0 2 9 11 5 0 2 = 30 people
3% 0% 7% 30% 37% 17% 0% 7% = 101% !!!!

My code for each percentage value is simply:

Round((intPeopleCount / intTotalPeopleCount) * 100, 0) & "%"

I really want to make this work, but it seems fraught with issues!!

Any ideas?

Thanks