Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Calculation Between 2 Dates

Thanks Francis; it should be

=SUMIF(A:A,"="&E1,C:C)-SUMIF(A:A,""&E2,C:C)

when you have the query dates in E1 and E2..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"LF" wrote:

Dear All,

the calculation is not correct as the table contains a lot of dates, the
excel sheet contains more than 350 lines, and the last formula you have
provided me get the Qty for the previous dates.

if the table contains March, they are included in the formula.

thank you

--
LF

"Francis" wrote:

should it read as

=SUMIF(A:A,""&E1,C:C)-SUMIF(A:A,""&F1,C:C)
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Another way using SUMIF;

=SUMIF(A:A,""&E1,C:C)-SUMIF(A:A,"<"&E2,C:C)

where E1 and E2 are query dates..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"LF" wrote:

Hi, I am trying to find a formula how 2 calculate the sum between 2 Dates

I have a sheet contains a lot of information
Starting Date Qty Value
14/04/2009 10 1000
14/04/2009 15 2000
15/04/2009 2 1000
30/04/2009 1 1000

the sheet is long, & I need to create a summary report which shows the sum
by selecting the range according to the date

I have used the sumif but it doesn't work

please assist

thank you
--
LF