Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default What Formula to use?

Unclear! What is the meaning of THEN in "So Min is equal to 1 and then Max
would default to 6 instead of 3"

If you just want to know that the largest A value for the Max in D, then I
think we need to use VBA
Is this what is needed?
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Paul Chung" wrote in message
Hello everyone, I'm trying to figure out how to have excell show me a
number based on the value of another cell. Here is the cell info:
1 1.0 0.999 0.99900 MAX 1.00067
2 2.0 2.000 1.00000 MIN 0.99900
3 3.0 3.002 1.00067
4 4.0 4.000 1.00000
5 5.0 5.002 1.00040
6 6.0 6.004 1.00067
7 7.0 7.001 1.00014
8 8.0 8.000 1.00000
9 9.0 8.998 0.99978

I need to show that the Min and Max values is equal to the value in the
first colum. However the valus if identical woul alwys go to the highest
number. So Min is equal to 1 and then Max would default to 6 instead of 3
. Any help would be great.Thanks...Paul