Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Why do formulas appear and not the result?

After changing to General you must re-enter each formula.

F2 then ENTER

If you have a great many of these use editreplace

What: =

With: =

Replace all.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 May 2009 06:11:01 -0700, Brian Cook
wrote:

Thanks Jacob,

I've just tried that and it didn't work.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Check the format of the cell. Right clickFormat cell...Change that to
general...from text
--
If this post helps click Yes

"Brian Cook" wrote:

Even though I have unchecked the option to show formulas instead of their
result, I still get the formula appearing when I insert a new formula, all
the old ones show the result, it's just when I add a new one.

Any ideas? Thanks