Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scafidel[_3_] Scafidel[_3_] is offline

Default Updating cells

Thanks, Sendkeys was the ticket!
--
Scafidel
Lafayette, Louisiana

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Why do you need to remember to change it in the code?
Why keep the formula in the code at all?

Just capture the formula from the sheet:

Dim S as String
S = Range("A1").Formula

and then later on:

Range("A1").Formula = S

The alternative is to use SendKeys to refresh all formula cells:

Sub refreshh()
Set r = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormu las)
For Each rr In r
rr.Select
Application.SendKeys "{F2}"
Application.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
DoEvents
Next

Gary''s Student - gsnu200855

"Scafidel" wrote:

I have a workbook with merged cells with code that increases row height as
needed according to size of the string. I created a macro that essentially
goes to each such cell and hits <F2 <enter causing the cell to update and
readjust to the new string size. But since the macro uses Activecell.Formula,
inserting the formula, if I change the formula, I have to remember to change
it in the code, too.
Is there any way to accomplish updating the formula results without using
Activecell.Formula in VBA?
Thanks

--
Scafidel