Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Need help with converting CUSTOM format/TEXT format to DATE format

Hi,
what information do you have in that cell, if you have a date when selecting
another format it should work, check the number in the cell before formating
it, the number give below when formating as date it give you 06/27/4670 so
something is wrong with the number you are importing into that cell

"Deo Cleto" wrote:

A column in an excel file was formatted in CUSTOM format like 00-00-0000.
Whenever I changed the format to DATE (ex. 01-01-1901), it is changing to
06/27/4670 which is wrong. I changed the format to TEXT and it results to
1011901. I need a date format as mm/dd/yyyy so I can import this excel file
with the correct date format. Please help. Thanks.