Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Protect sheet but be able to merge cells

First, I do my best to avoid merged cells. They cause trouble with copy|paste,
sorting, filtering, and lots of other stuff.

Maybe you can provide a macro that unprotects the sheet, merges the cells, and
then reprotects the sheet.

Protect Sheet but be able to merge cells wrote:

Can anyone let me know if it is possible to protect a sheet, but still be
able to merge certain cells. I tried to allow users the access to 'format
rows' and 'format cells', but it wont allow me to merge cells.

--

Dave Peterson