Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Neall Neall is offline

Default Create an edit field

I have a spreadsheet that pulls and stores data for a quoting tool, in the on
the proposal sheet this information may sometimes need to be changed before
the quote is PDF'd.

Since I am using vlookup to pull all the data from the DB the user of this
tool will not simply be able to retype the address or phone number or email
address in those fields.

What I would like to do is create a edit button for each field that can be
changed on the proposal sheet, that will allow the user to simply enter the
new data to place into the pre populated cell without overwriting the vlookup.

I only need to keep the data to generate the PDF it does not need to go back
to the database and update anything.

Any suggestions would be great.

--
Neall