Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shades Shades is offline

Default Links to external files

I am creating an excel 2007 file that contains links to different document
files. Basically the client wants a system that contains brief information
from a document, and i want to include a link the the file within the
directory structure. My problem is that the "hard coded" file link will not
remain the same when the client is given the directory.

currently the structure is like :companyserver\office location\project\sub
folder\THIS DIRECTORY\Sub folder1\Subfolder 2\File.doc

the .xls file will reside in the THIS DIRECTORY and the documents will be in
the sub folder2 folder. I want to be able to copy the "THIS DIRECTORY"
folder and have the links still work

Is this doable? is it clear what i want to accomplish?

Thanks for your help guys.