Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert 0 value cells to "text"

Your amended formula will give RDO for a blank cell or for a text string of
"0", but not for a number of zero. The quote marks denote a text string.

Also, you don't need 2 IFs. An OR will do.
=IF(OR(C3=0,C3=""),"RDO",C3)
--
David Biddulph

"brucas" wrote in message
HOLD ON... I altered the formula you gave me one last time and it has
worked.

=IF(C3="0","RDO",IF(C3="","RDO",C3))

When I put the 0 into the "" it worked.

"fake_be" wrote:

Hi Brucas,

An IF formula looks to me the simpliest solution

Column A
0

text

Column B
=IF(A1=0;"RDO";IF(A1="";"RDO";A1))

Copy the formula until the end of the B column.

Does this do the trick?
Tom

On 29 mei, 06:51, brucas wrote:
I am trying to create a formula that will convert cells that are either
blank
or displaying a 0 value to displaying "RDO" BUT if I enter a value
other than
0 I want it to display that value.
I tried several different things but I am not having any success.
Hopefully
someone with much more knowledge than me can help...