Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fake_be fake_be is offline

Default Convert 0 value cells to "text"

Does the IF Formula have to be in a seperate column? or can it be set to
"run in the background" on the column you are entering data?
I'll have a play and see as I'm determined to get this to work.

If you want to use only one columm you should create a macro that
changes the value of the cells. Something like a find a replace
function. If so the 'original' data will be lost.

An other way of "detecting" would be via the 'conditonal formatting
function" of excel. Via Format, conditional formatting it is possible
to highlight some specific cells based on a value of formula.
Disavantage is that the colors are hard to use in other formula's....
(if neccessary)

Good luck