Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
brucas brucas is offline

Default Convert 0 value cells to "text"

After some further investigation I've found that it does not work "in the
background" it defaults all cells to 0 and as you enter values it overwrites
or remains a 0 rather than RDO.

Also when I turned the show formulas off it had copied all the data from C
to D as well. GRRR!!
--
Stupid questions from a beginner...

"brucas" wrote:

HOLD ON... I altered the formula you gave me one last time and it has worked.

=IF(C3="0","RDO",IF(C3="","RDO",C3))

When I put the 0 into the "" it worked.

Thanks Heaps!! BUT now I have another one...

Does the IF Formula have to be in a seperate column? or can it be set to
"run in the background" on the column you are entering data?
I'll have a play and see as I'm determined to get this to work.

--
Stupid questions from a beginner...