Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jas Jas is offline

Default How do I find and copy rows based on specific criteria?

"Georgew" wrote:

Thanks Eduardo. I guess I need to rephrase my question.

How do I locate rows that contain specific attributes and copy those to a
new worksheet. It is a very large file and I can't manually select and copy
each row.

Thanks,

George

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
Highlight the row, right click on the mouse copy

"Georgew" wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet and in one of the columns part of the data, some
of the rows has a \t. Once I search on the \t, I don't know how to copy the
entire row to a new worksheet. Your help is appreciated.

I am using Microsoft Office Excel 2007.

Sort Data by your criteria of \t, then use then select visible cells, copy
and paste to a new sheet.

The trick is to find the visible cell selection, if you can find goto
section, then select options, you will find visible cells, check that box,
and then you can copy paste.