Joseph Geretz

Thanks Stephen,

The VBA widgets each have a Locked property, which is independent of the
worksheet protection.

Is there a way to get access to the collection of Widgets so that I can
cycle through them and lock them?

Or maybe there's an easier way to do what I'm trying to do. We're
implementing an Excel Viewer window inside our application. Right now we're
actually using the Excel Viewer application, but it's klunky launching an
external application and then finding and embedding the window via API. We'd
much prefer using Excel itself via automation but we're finding what should
be a simple operation (setting the sheets to be read only) to be more
complex than we had anticipated. Unless I've missed something?

(I played around with m_AppExcel.Interactive = False but this left the
cursor as an hourglass and left the entire worksheet unresponsive to *any*
input to the extent that even the scrollbars are dead. Not good.)

Thanks for your help,

- Joe Geretz -

"Stephen Bullen" wrote in message
Hi Joseph,

Is it possible to set protection on the entire workbook in one atomic
operation, or do I need to set the protection for each sheet separately,
as
I am doing? And is there a more efficient way of setting the appearance
style for every worksheet or must I cycle through them individually as I
am
doing?

No, we're pretty much stuck with cycling through them as you're doing.

Anyway, here's my main question: With this approach I am able to lock the
contents of all cells, but this does not lock embedded VBA widgets, e.g.
Checkboxes, Command Buttons, etc. How can I lock these objects as well?

The VBA widgets each have a Locked property, which is independent of the
worksheet protection.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel