Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_2_] Harlan Grove[_2_] is offline

Default How do I keep 3-D reference the same when inserting one row on

jcrowe wrote...
What do I do with the following example, Employee name on company sheet is
in column E row 14, the amount is in column I row 14, the sheet it needs to
go to the employee name is in Column E Row 11 the amount is in Column I Row
11. So When ever I add a new employee in the Company sheet, the other sheet
is off because it pushes all down. Does this make sense?

Is there some reason you can't add new employee records in the row
immediately below that current bottommost record? Are you inserting
then entering records in order to maintain alphabetical order? If so,
you'd be better off (in terms of greater simplicity) using 2 tables
rather than one: add all new records at the bottom of the first table;
then use a macro to copy the first table and past on top of the second
table and sort the second table as needed.