Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] krcowen@aol.com is offline

Default How to enter a database function to average the annual salary?

Maria

I assume since you "need to use" a DAVERAGE function that you are
averaging a subset of your data that meets a certain criteria. In
that case the data should be in Table2 and the criteria should be in
D16:D17. The middle argument should be a field which should be a
number indicating the column of your data that is averaged if the
criteria is met. It appears that your second argument may not be a
suitable way to indicate the field.

Good luck.

Ken
Norfolk, Va

On May 28, 12:36*pm, maria wrote:
I need to use a DAVERAGE function to determine the average annual salary.
Here is my information:
=DAVERAGE(Table2[#All],"Table2[Annual Salary]Salary]]
Salary]",D16:D17)

My answer has to be 91,480. I keep getting a "Value" instead off the numeral
amount
--
Maria A Adams