mklapp

Great, it works. I am so glad It is not what I thought it was. Thanks.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Your actual issue here, is that the formula is returning a value that is
*different* from the value contained in the other cell ... BUT ... your
formatting of the formula cell is *only* displaying 7 decimal places.

The proper approach would be to Round() the return of the formula.

i.e.:

Revise
=A1*B1
=ROUND(A1*B1,7)

--

HTH,

RD

"mklapp" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to verify mathematical results. My approach is something like:

(in a Cell) =IF(V4=K4,"Yes","NO")

The problem seem to be that the IF function sees that a formula yielding :

398.8072513

is not = to a cell containing the value:

398.8072513

This seems counterintuitive.

Is there a way to get IF to evaluate the displayed values of the cells
instead of the
comparing the 'formulae'?

Thanks,

mklapp