Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default matching cells

Try this formulas play on a spare copy ..

Assume that data starts in row3 in Sheet1
In Sheet1,
Put in D3:
=IF(C3<"",C3,IF(ISNA(MATCH(B3,Sheet2!B:B,0)),"no
match",INDEX(Sheet2!C:C,MATCH(B3,Sheet2!B:B,0))))
Copy D3 down. Freeze col D with an "in-place" copy, then paste special as
values. Delete col C.

--
Max
Singapore
"conditional format if cell contains word" wrote:
.. What is happening is I have a master's product list that states:
ITEM ITEM CODE EST
I have this on both worksheets
However on the firstworksheet the EST is blank and there are not as many
items as worksheet 2
So if the item codes match then I want the EST that is blank to be filled in
with EST that is on worksheet two