Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel
Slinky[_2_] Slinky[_2_] is offline

Default Logical operators not working with text???

On Wed, 27 May 2009 12:57:36 -0700 (PDT), Harlan Grove
wrote:

Slinky <slinky_ISAT_newsguy_DOT-com wrote...
in the A row are below:

* * * * A * * * B
1 - * * *TTTT * *0
2 - * * TTUU * * Formula Below
3 - * * TTUU
4 - * * VVVV
5 - * * WWW
6 - * * WWW

In the B row I set B1 to zero and then type the following in cell 2:

=IF(A2=A1,B1+0,B1+1)

A and B are COLUMNS, not rows.

. . . the
above should put out the following in the B row - 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3. It
works on the first statement and everything else stays the same - 0,
1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1..

Press the [F9] key. The situation you describe is very likely due to
manual recalculation.

SUPER!!!! Thanks - that was the problem. Thanks for the answer and the
syntax (yep... I was so frustrated... they are columns! :) )